DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Tools (http://www.diychatroom.com/f29/)
-   -   Cordless nailer Question (http://www.diychatroom.com/f29/cordless-nailer-question-157345/)

digitalplumber 09-19-2012 09:27 PM

Cordless nailer Question
 
Or hardie siding and general framing?

Recommendations or stay pneumatic?

joecaption 09-19-2012 11:25 PM

I've never seen a cordless real siding nail gun.
This is what I've been using for years and still works perfect.
http://www.cpobostitch.com/bostitch-...g%20nail%20gun

I also use it on outside trim, and wood siding.

digitalplumber 09-19-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecaption (Post 1013440)
I've never seen a cordless real siding nail gun.
This is what I've been using for years and still works perfect.
http://www.cpobostitch.com/bostitch-...g%20nail%20gun

I also use it on outside trim, and wood siding.

Thanks, I have that one booked but to looking at the N89C-HQ for the same price, but double the weight. You also get double the power.

Just saw this one and was thinking the nails may be easier to get or cheaper Bostitch F21PL, same specs as 89, but less money.

Thoughts?

joecaption 09-19-2012 11:38 PM

The last thing you want is a heavy gun, gets old fast.
You not comparing apples with apples.
A siding gun shoots a smaller gauge nail.
I've tryed using a Porta Cable pneumatic and Pasload cordless both framing guns before buying my siding gun and the guns would jamb, not set the nails all the way in or just go to far in, or shatter the plank.

digitalplumber 09-19-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecaption (Post 1013454)
The last thing you want is a heavy gun, gets old fast.
You not comparing apples with apples.
A siding gun shoots a smaller gauge nail.
I've tryed using a Porta Cable pneumatic and Pasload cordless both framing guns before buying my siding gun and the guns would jamb, not set the nails all the way in or just go to far in, or shatter the plank.

Thanks, I like the range of 2 to 3 1/2 for nails on the N89. Also the driving power is double the 66: 1050/500.

Will only be doing a small siding job soon and maybe a fence and some minor framing down the road. Not something to work with everyday.

joecaption 09-19-2012 11:50 PM

The one I have works great for fencing. I used the stainless steel nails, there ring shank and small gauge so there near impossible to pull out and do not rust leaving black marks.

digitalplumber 09-19-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecaption (Post 1013466)
The one I have works great for fencing. I used the stainless steel nails, there ring shank and small gause so there near impossible to pull out and do not rust leaving black marks.

My delima is: I can buy a practically new 66 and a 1/2 box of 2 1/4 galv nails for 225, no warranty. Or a new 89 for 269.00, 7 years warranty.

joecaption 09-20-2012 12:03 AM

Having to get that gun repaired one time will eat up that savings real fast.
Check out CPO Tools.
They sell a lot of reconditioned tools, same warrenty as new.
The ones I bought looked brand new.
I bought a Porta Cable random orbital sander for $25.00.

digitalplumber 09-20-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecaption (Post 1013477)
Having to get that gun repaired one time will eat up that savings real fast.


Yep decision made!

Thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.