DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Compressor Suggestions - Senco PC1131 vs Makita MAC700

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  woodworkbykirk 
#1 ·
Hello, all.
I'm looking to purchase a compressor for light framing and general woodworking. I will not be running sanders or paint guns. Just nailers at this point. I have a budget of ~$200. Noise is a bit of a factor, so I'm staying away from the PC pancakes, etc. I am focusing on the Senco PC1131, Makita MAC700, and possibly the Rolair JC10 (a longshot, because it has the lowest CFM of all). Does anyone have experience with these? I've read the Amazon reviews, but I would really like to dialogue with users of these tools. Thanks in advance!

#4 ·
I have a Senco PC2001, about 15 years old. Don't know, but it looks similar. I have a larger stationary shop air compressor, so don't use it for that, but the Senco has a lot of miles on it, and has performed well. I went through about a 2 month period of frustration with it at some point, can't recall, maybe a check valve or something like that, but otherwise totally reliable. Only thing that I don't like is that it's heavy, moreso some days than others, but probably the reason that it's not as loud as a lot of others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.