DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Tools (
-   -   channel locks..of a different flavour (

canadaclub 06-09-2010 03:34 PM

channel locks..of a different flavour
I was working with a guy the other day and he had the coolest set of channel locks. They were spring loaded. Once you have them around the nut, they lock automatically..then to release just let go of the handles. It auto adjusted to whatever size you needed. I asked him where he got them and he said they were given to him years ago. I have been to the box stores ( I know, I know:no:) but I tried LeeValley tools and some specialty tool shops but they just look at me like I have six :censored: heads.

Has anyone ever seen these before? I would love to my hands on one.


oh'mike 06-09-2010 06:55 PM

Sears--RoboGrips---Fathers day gift of the year---Some time in the late 1980's.

canadaclub 06-10-2010 11:00 AM

Cheers Mike:thumbsup: Gonna grab some today!

chadwilliam1 06-21-2010 03:35 PM

I never did like these. I prefer traditional Channel locks. Home Depot sells them too.

I bought a set of these for my dad when I was younger then about 10 years later he gave them back. I dont think I have them anymore I likely gave them away.

rusty baker 06-21-2010 09:43 PM

Pliers: a tool used to round the corners off nuts and bolts.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.