Is This A Briggs Or A Brute Pressure Washer? - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-06-2014, 01:40 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Is this a Briggs or a Brute pressure washer?

Menards has a pressure washer http://www.menards.com/main/p-225931...escriptionlink that looks like everything I want. But people tell me Brute sucks.

I read the owners manual http://www.menards.com/main/store/20...wnerManual.pdf and found that the washer is manufactured by Briggs and Stratton. Not just the engine but the whole thing. I expected that Brute made it and put a Briggs engine on it but now I think that Briggs made it and gave Brute permission to sell it under their name. I could not find this washer on the Brute site but I did find a nearly identicle one on the Briggs website http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/...s/3100-max-psi It looks like they just changed the color and the name. One other oddity that I noticed is that the one at Menards, the Brute, has the pump on the side which you would think tells you that it is a triplex pump but instead the manual says it is a axial cam pump. Isn't this a contradiction?

So, what do you think about this power washer? Good? Bad? Is it really a Brute or is it a Briggs? Anyone got one?

Advertisement

sofasurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,692

Brute is the brand B&S motor. I have never heard of that brand but the b&s should be the same motor used for other brands. The dislikes are more than likely about other things than the motor.

Advertisement

ToolSeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 81

I just purchased a Troy Bilt pressure washer and it has a Briggs and Stratton engine.
texasman21 is offline   Reply With Quote