Best Work Boots - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 258

Best Work boots

I'm not sure if this is the correct subforum but I'll post here anyway.

Looking for some new work boots and was wondering what you guys recommend. I usually wear sneakers in the summer but when fall comes around I go strictly to boots and Merrils. I've been wearing a pair of Timberland Pro boots the last few winters and wanted to try something new. I'm looking for something in 6", non-insulated, non-steel toed, in as wide a size that I can get (2E to 4E). Something along the lines of the Redwing 406 http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1017 .

I like that style. No flash, just a solid looking boot. I want something thats comfortable and can be worn in the office without getting too hot. I have some cold weather rocky hunting boots that I can use on extended cold outdoor trips. But these will be mostly for going in and out of the office into the field with light mud and no deep standing water.

I really want something as comfortable as I can get. Hence the no insulation and no steel toe.

I've heard good things about Ariat, Georgia Boot, and Carolina Boot. I've heard Wolverine can be overrated but they do advertise comfort. I'm willing to pay upwards of $175 if necessary.

Advertisement

speedster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Best Work boots

try looking into these. I have a pair: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&so...O4PGlQeX6YWaBA

Advertisement

epson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
Do work

Rewards Points: 75

Best Work boots

I have 2 pairs of red wings boots. The best boots I've ever owned.
liquidvw is offline   Reply With Quote