Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-17-2007, 07:33 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Battery Resurrector

I have a Craftsman 14.4 cordless drill. One battery is completely dead and and the other is almost dead. I looked on ebay and saw numerous ads for a "Battery Resurrector". Apparently you buy directions on how to recharge dead cordless batteries. You use a voltage meter and "some house hold items". Has anyone ever used this and did it work? His feedback on ebay was rated 99.5%. Thanks for replying.

larock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:24 PM   #2

Battery Resurrector

Try this
Battery Revival:

The batteries on laptops are often a problem. Most people sit their laptop on a desk and use AC power, so the battery usually suffers, resulting in a chemical 'memory', which gives them a life of about 3 seconds under load. The batteries in my donor laptops were both made in 2000, so I had to try and revive them. If you have any NiCd or NiMH batteries that won't hold their charge, you can often revive them. This is not a new concept, but here is my recipe for reviving rechargeable batteries:
  1. Discharge the battery as much as you can.
  2. Place in a sealed plastic bag.
  3. Place the bag in your freezer for at least 24hours. Overnight is sometimes enough, but I leave it about a week.
  4. Take the bag out of the freezer and leave the battery to return to room temperature. Make sure you wipe off any condensation from the battery contacts before you use it. I just leave them in the sun for a few hours.
  5. Fully charge the battery, then run it down again, as low as you can get it. Repeat this charge-discharge cycle a few times, and see if you get a longer life.
Your mileage will vary, but two of my 5-year-old batteries are now useful. I get between 2 and 4 hours from one of them, depending on the load on my laptop. You can do this with cellphone batteries, or batteries from lots of other gear.

adviwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

Battery Resurrector

bump,,for new info ????
comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #4

Battery Resurrector

Hmm wow that sounds worth trying. Can I put my ipod in the freezer? Haha.

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 05-21-2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Site Rules Violation: Advertising Link Removed
TheToolGuy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #5

Battery Resurrector

You could probably get the same results without the freezing. The cycling of the cells is really all it takes. I'm not saying it doesn't help, because I don't know, but for my cells I just cycle them and they come around after 4 or 5 cycles.
Troubleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote