Band Saw Tires - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Band Saw tires

Good evening and Happy New Year to ALL!!! I'm lookin for a place to buy tires for my bandsaw(The rubber bands that go around the upper and lower blade wheels) it's a small saw, an old Walker Turner, and all cast iron, I love cast iron........ oh well, anyway the wheels are 10 in with a 7/8 wide slot for the band, does someone have a web site or phone number so I can find these bands????? oh yea I also need a few blades, any help on those would be appreciated also,,,, Thanks All

Advertisement

collosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:33 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Band Saw tires

Try the Woodnet forums, power tools section. Timberwolf blades are highly rated and they'll custom size any length.
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #3

Band Saw tires

He's looking for tires, not blades. Timberwolf blades are great, for the record.

Try woodworkers supply, rockler, and woodcraft. I've seen them in catalogs, but can't recall which ones. The 10" wheels may be an obstacle...That is a very small saw. Saws that small these days aren't popular with woodworkers. A 14" saw is the most common, and they get bigger from there.

Also, post your question on www.woodworkingtalk.com in the tools section.
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:01 AM   #4

Band Saw tires

Collose said:
"...oh yea I also need a few blades, any help on those would be appreciated also,,,, Thanks All"

These posts can be tricky, can't they? I find if you read ALL the words, it helps when you respond.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:53 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 10

Band Saw tires

Now guys let's be nice, !! ha ha ,, thanks for the info from both of you and I 'll see what I find on the sites,,, I bought the saw from a guy on Craigs List, picked it up yesterday, small , yes but sooo heavy duty for it's size,(and I only gave $15 for it) I already have larger saws but haven't had to replace the tires yet, they are newer saws, but my collection of Walker Turner just grew by one, and I've never seen such a small bandsaw made by that company, I have some stand alone pieces but bench top may be the start of a whole new collection!! (Oh buy the way did I mention I LOVE cast iron, this saw has a backbone that could lift a truck) Thanks again all, once again DYI comes to my rescue!!! Collosse
collosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:20 AM   #6

Band Saw tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6519 View Post
Collose said:
"...oh yea I also need a few blades, any help on those would be appreciated also,,,, Thanks All"

These posts can be tricky, can't they? I find if you read ALL the words, it helps when you respond.
Ron
Yup, I missed that. Thanks for being so kind and correcting me in a friendly manner.
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 250

Band Saw tires

Try Carter Products. They are more well known for their guides and flip-pods, but they have tires as well.

Also, try old wood working machines, www.owwm.com
Lots of good info there on old iron.

Advertisement

7echo is offline   Reply With Quote