Advice On A Wet Tile Saw? - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

advice on a wet tile saw?

Hey Guys, I'm taking on a bathroom reno project and want to get a tile saw. This is my first project in the home, with more tile work to follow down the road. I'm in the $300 dollar range for my budget on this saw. So far I've come across a few contenders, 1. Harbor Freight has one for around $279, and than two brands I'm not familiar with MK Diamond and QEP, both have a couple in that price range. What do you guys think of those saws? Or is there another brand that I should be considering?

Thanks for any advice or direction you can provide!

Advertisement

Kanaka Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
renovation contractor

Rewards Points: 10

I really like my MK. The new model is even better.
It may cost a little more to begin with, but will have good resale value when you are done with it.

Advertisement

B.D.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
Handyman

Rewards Points: 500

Probably a little late for this thread but here is my advice. Most wet saws work well with ceramic and porcelain tiles. I just did a bathroom with 1/2" porcelain with travertine appearance...thick tile! I have a young fella working with me and everytime he cuts its like going to the dentist!..You don't feel anything but the sound drives you nuts!

I went to HD to buy a new blade..cost was $45. They had a new saw on sale for $52 including the blade so I opted for that. He still burnt it out. Then I watched as he cut the other tiles. The problem was he wasn't keeping enough water in the reservoir. After that, he was fine.
canadaclub is offline   Reply With Quote