DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ron schenker 
#1 ·
Home depot up here in Canada is offering Rigid 12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw for $479 Canadian. Any opinions on this saw for that price?

#3 ·
Yeah, but think of the envy factor and all the approving 'grunts' you'll get from your ''guy-buddies'' and all the neighborhood guys too ...:yes:

It could be the center piece of the ''home work shop'' that you show your buddies when you invite them in for a few beers. :thumbsup:

#6 ·
That model is not bad
It is fine for framing and decks

It will not be as good for more delicate projects such as interior trim, shelving, or picture frames, etc...

If you think you will use it for other projects , the comparable DeWalt model is better
The comparable Bosch model even better, and would be a regret-proof purchase no matter what your future uses

#8 ·
If you're on a tight budget, I would get the Rigid. That saw here in Toronto is $599.00 regular price. I've never seen it on sale. If you have lots of $$$ the best I've ever used was Bosch and Makita a very close second. Personally, I think a 10" slider is more than adequate and much easier to carry around. Don't ask me why, but the most versatile and easy to use for my type of work is a 12" Dewalt non slider, dual bevel.
There, now you have it narrowed down to about 6 choices:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.