Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

The Woodworking & D.I.Y. Show in Dallas

The Woodworking & D.I.Y. Show

Friday, October 22 through Sunday, October 24, 2010

Friday, Noon – 6 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Big Town Exhibition Hall
2323 Big Town Blvd.
Mesquite, Texas 75149

The Woodworking & D.I.Y. Shows will set up shop in the Dallas area from Friday, October 22 through Sunday, October 24 at the Big Town Exhibition Hall in Mesquite, Texas. D.I.Y.-ers, hobbyists and woodworking enthusiasts can see the latest products from leading manufacturers, get helpful tips and insight from knowledgeable professionals, and meet the country’s most popular D.I.Y. and woodworking personalities.

Highlights of The Woodworking & D.I.Y. Show in Dallas include:

• Hands-On Demos: National manufacturers including Bosch, Jet, Powertec Tools, Milescraft, Woodline USA, Bad Dog Tools, and others will demonstrate their newest tools and products for sawing, scraping, cutting, and finishing.

• Celebrity Seminars: During The Cabinet Making Experience, expert Jeff Ziegmann of Sommerfeld Tools will provide start-to-finish instruction on creating the perfect custom cupboard, kitchen cabinet, and dining room buffet. Celebrity woodworker Jim Heavey will demonstrate the techniques needed to complete a project featured in the pages of WOOD Magazine. The Bandsaw Education Clinic will offer tips and tricks to create the uniquely shaped pieces, planks, and platforms needed to make the perfect deck, table, or chair.

• ShowOFF Showcase: Show visitors can display their best woodworking projects for a chance to win $500 in prizes. The Showcase will highlight the most innovative and experienced talents in woodworking, combining expert precision with elaborate artistry to create custom, one-of-a-kind pieces such as furniture, wine racks, jewelry boxes, and accessories. Top honors will be selected by a professional panel with input from Show visitors.

• Loggin’ Lumber with Wood-Mizer: Experts will demonstrate how to transform a fallen tree into valuable hardwood, get the greatest yield from a log, and determine the best trees to use for hardwood floors, wood paneling, cabinets, and furniture.

• Cabinet Restoration & Refinishing: Woodworking all-star Mike Heavey will share trade secrets D.I.Y.-ers need to transform their drab cabinets with the proper refinishing and refacing techniques.

The Woodworking & D.I.Y. Show is the Dallas area’s only event for woodworking and D.I.Y. enthusiasts.

Tickets to The Woodworking & D.I.Y. Show are $10 for adults and free for children under 15 years old. Admission is free for active military, police and fire employees with valid ID. For more information about the Show or to register for the ShowOFF Showcase, visit www.thewoodworkingshows.com.

WoodworkingShow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d.i.y., show, showcase, tools, woodworking