Window Seals - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

window seals

Hi All,

We have what seems to be called 'horizontally sliding seal windows'.
They are made of wood frames.
The seals between the sliding parts (b/n the window and the window frame) are all thorn with bits and pieces left. There is quite a draft and when the wind blows it moves the curtains inside the house.
Please let me know what seals should I use to replace the old ones and what does that involve?
Do they sell such seals in the USA? Thanks!

Advertisement

delforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
Eibwen

Rewards Points: 500

window seals

It would be best to get the original seals for the windows since it sounds specialized. Check the glass itself in the corners for some labeling. You might luck out and find the window mfg name there. Or being a slider, might pop one out and take a look for a name on the top.

If thats the case you can contact them for replacements.

If there is no name, I would check some of the local builders supply houses taking maybe a pic and a peice of the seal if you have it. Those windows came from somewhere and unless its a custom, it probably was local.

Advertisement

Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote