Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Whole-house water filter

Tired of the whole pitcher-filter routine and looking to install either an under the sink filter in kitchen, or a whole house filter. We're on decent city water, but the chlorine is bad (whole house would be nice for non-chlorinated showers).

There is one system I'm curious about but cannot get any non-biased info about. Every internet search for reviews on the Aquasana EQ-300 turns up pages that are _obviously_ sponsored by the company itself. They've even got "bogus" filter review sites where they praise their own product. I don't think it's scam, but can anyone really confirm the quality of this product?

Thanks,
Mike

msowka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
Electrician

Whole-house water filter

Sorry to see you haven't gotten any responces yet Mike. I'm not much help either. I don't have any info for you on the Aquasana you mentioned, but you might talk to some of your local plumbers or water conditioner companies. They might be able to shed some light.

SD515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:47 AM   #3

Whole-house water filter

Can't give you a review I'm afraid. I think the idea of an in built filter is a great one though. I hate messing around with our filter. Presumably there are stills parts which need replacing on a regular basis though?

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 08-19-2008 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Site Rules Violation: Advertising Link Removed From Signature
JohnDIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #4

Whole-house water filter

Mike,

I had a Hague system installed several months ago and it performs magnificantly. I'm on well water in farm country and water tests were all over the board. My treated water is now softer, cleaner and you can taste the difference.

I have both the whole house (to treat hard water, etc.) and under sink (for drinking).

From the looks of your link, I find it hard to believe it will filter an entire house with those filters. You'd have to change them weekly if not sooner.
usmcstormvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #5

Whole-house water filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by msowka View Post
Tired of the whole pitcher-filter routine and looking to install either an under the sink filter in kitchen, or a whole house filter. We're on decent city water, but the chlorine is bad (whole house would be nice for non-chlorinated showers).

Thanks,
Mike
The water where I live is terrible! Our solution was to go to Lowes or home depot, they sell in line water filters for your refrigerator. They are charcol and significantly remove the bad taste of the water. Quick easy cheap and you water is cold coming out of the frig dispenser.
gorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #6

Whole-house water filter

Hi - I saw your post and had to comment, just because I've seen Aquasana all over the internet. The company does go to great lengths to make themselves look good online. I haven't had any experience with their products, personally. I'd get a whole house filter and then still do some sort of fridge filter/faucet filter/undersink filter/pitcher filter combo to supplement - whole house filters aren't as advanced as some of the others you could get for your drinking and cooking water. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
Selwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #7

Whole-house water filter

I agree with the originator of this thread. I'm desperately trying to find unbiased reviews and getting absolutely nowhere! Its almost like a conspiracy!

Smcrea is offline   Reply With Quote