Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #1

Share |

Where to place No Soliciting sign

I want to buy a 2x8 No Soliciting sign for our home, but the issue is where I would position it. I have a walkway leading up to my front door. We have 2 small columns. We also have a sidelite window next to our front door.

My first thought was to put it next to our walkway before someone would even make it to or front door. My second idea was to just put it on our glass storm door above the handle somewhere.

dinosaur1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur1 View Post
I want to buy a 2x8 No Soliciting sign for our home, but the issue is where I would position it. I have a walkway leading up to my front door. We have 2 small columns. We also have a sidelite window next to our front door.

My first thought was to put it next to our walkway before someone would even make it to or front door. My second idea was to just put it on our glass storm door above the handle somewhere.
may i ask why..a front walk is a welcome to the door... and so is your door bell

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's plumbing
may i ask why..a front walk is a welcome to the door... and so is your door bell
Kids in the house.
After school strangers.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Kids in the house.
After school strangers.
Ok we have had the same thing in our area and ask our local agents what would be best.....quote""tell you kids not to answer the door if they don't know who it is....a sign no soliciting sign is only for asking for money.....no tresspassing is come at your own risk they still can come to the door......hope that helps..ben
Old 02-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Ok we have had the same thing in our area and ask our local agents what would be best.....quote""tell you kids not to answer the door if they don't know who it is....a sign no soliciting sign is only for asking for money.....no tresspassing is come at your own risk they still can come to the door......hope that helps..ben
So it sounds like we should just away from it.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #6

Quote:
So it sounds like we should just away from it.
seem like not matter what they come to the door to find out you don't want them there....My kids were not allowed to answer the door...they looked out peek hole ....to see who it was...
Old 02-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #7

Quote:
seem like not matter what they come to the door to find out you don't want them there....My kids were not allowed to answer the door...they looked out peek hole ....to see who it was...
Our door doesn't have a peep hole. Wish it did.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #8

On the dogs collar, I hate the ones that wont leave when you tell them no.
Hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Our door doesn't have a peep hole. Wish it did.
you could have one installed easy to do... it is diy project ..if door is not glass...if it is...how about having them look out a window.....Hey just a thought my friend put in fake cameras with battery operated lights... cut down on visitors....guess they diden't want to be on camera..so to speak...he told me it was about 25.00 investment.... I do have a security system....how about that did you think about that....
Old 02-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #10
Retired carpenter

"Graveyard worker.
Please respect my sleeping hours.
Thanks!"
abracaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #11

Pic of a Rottweiler..Guard dog on duty
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #12
A Little Of Everything

As I've gotten older, I've grown extremely intolerant of solicitations of all kinds. Kirby Vacuums? Absolutely not! Telemarketer? I get the person's name & employee number, and tell them to take my phone number off their call list, and if they ever call again I'm holding him/her personally responsible. Mormon Missionaries? Thanks, but no thanks!

Nobody has any inherent right to come to my home or office (personally or by phone) and infringe on my time. Whether they call me, or come to my door, I'll kindly remind them of that. The first time.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHicks View Post
As I've gotten older, I've grown extremely intolerant of solicitations of all kinds. Kirby Vacuums? Absolutely not! Telemarketer? I get the person's name & employee number, and tell them to take my phone number off their call list, and if they ever call again I'm holding him/her personally responsible. Mormon Missionaries? Thanks, but no thanks!

Nobody has any inherent right to come to my home or office (personally or by phone) and infringe on my time. Whether they call me, or come to my door, I'll kindly remind them of that. The first time.
DrHicks I turn it on them, when they call. I keep them on the phone as long as I can. Talking everything from the weather too including telling them I am lonely please don't hang up. They don't call back.
Hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #14
A Little Of Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardway View Post
DrHicks I turn it on them, when they call. I keep them on the phone as long as I can. Talking everything from the weather too including telling them I am lonely please don't hang up. They don't call back.
Yeah, I've got some friends who do that too. They thoroughly enjoy the entertainment. Not me. I hate being on the phone anyway, so the fewer the conversations, the better.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #15

Something that is happening in our area (NE Ohio), they knock on door, then if there is no answer they break in.

Ravenworks is offline   Reply With Quote