DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   Where to find Truss nailplates/gangnails (

Ashtonk 06-07-2007 09:43 AM

Where to find Truss nailplates/gangnails
Do any of you good folks know where I can purchase the press in nail plates that are used to put trusses together? On the Simpson Strongtie site they have what they call a "mending plate" but they only come in three sizes, 1x4,2x4 and 3x6. I need a larger assortment of sizes.I have searched all over the web but cant find anyone who sells them. Thanks for your help.

WorkshopforWomen 06-07-2007 01:00 PM

Truss Plates
I don't if this is of any help but my husband works for a lumber company here in Colorado and they manufacture their own trusses.
The truss plates are part of the engineering of the trusses and they get them from Alpine Engineering in Texas.

Good Luck!

AtlanticWBConst. 06-07-2007 07:01 PM

Supplier List:

send_it_all 06-07-2007 08:46 PM

Ummmm....Home Depot?...saw some today in the Simpson Strong Tie area.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.