Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Coconut Pete's paella!

Share |

What's a bigger draw? Making it a full bath or putting laundry in there?

Our house is 1350 sq ft, 1.5 bath, 2 bed.

We love the house, LOVE it, love the neighborhood, LOVE it. We hope we never have to move, but in reality ... we have a little girl and we'd like to have one more in a few years .... we're going to have to do something. Ideally I'd like to add a master bed/bath on top of the 1story addition we have off the back of the house, but if the right house pops up within 0.75 miles we'd go for it.

Anyway .. the matter at hand... the downstairs bath (the half one) is oversized. There's aaaalllmost enough room for a tub in the weird "empty" area to the left as you walk in (toilet/sink to the right) and by moving the door I'm pretty sure there would be room. It's an original 50's bath, I plan on redoing it when I get done w/ the kitchen and the doors.

I feel like SOMETHING should go in that extra space. I was playing with the idea of moving the washer/dryer up there from the basement because it would make laundry SO much easier especially with kids running around.

From a resale perspective, what do you think makes more sense? Remember, there's only 2 bedrooms, so what would make more sense? A second full bath or upstairs laundry? The bathroom in question is in a den that is a separate room from the living and dining rooms and could be close off and used as a bedroom (it has a closet) if you didn't mind the fact that your bedroom has a door to a deck....
CoconutPete is offline   Reply With Quote