DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   What is this tool used for? (pics) (

NancyNGA 11-26-2011 09:20 PM

What is this tool used for? (pics)
Found it in my basement while cleaning out. The holes are threaded inside and are marked from 3/16 to 5/8.

ben's plumbing 11-26-2011 09:21 PM

that is a flaring tool for piping..not threaded groved to grip pipe when flaring it...

burnt03 11-26-2011 09:23 PM

NancyNGA 11-26-2011 09:29 PM

Wow, that was fast! Thank you.

md2lgyk 11-28-2011 07:10 AM

Just another tool that's indispensible for what it's made to do, but totally useless for anything else.

rusty baker 11-28-2011 07:30 AM

Most people don't use flare joints anymore.

rossfingal 11-28-2011 07:35 AM

I had one to do "double-flaring", inherited it from my Father.
Brake lines.
It "walked off"- not cheap!!


NancyNGA 11-28-2011 07:42 AM

I either inherited this from my father, or else someone left it by accident while working down there. My mom has a whole box full of stuff that we can't figure out what it's used for, but I told her not to throw anything away. I'll probably be back with more pictures some day.:)

rossfingal 11-28-2011 07:44 AM


Don't throw out anything that you've got (that looks like a tool!)
Someone might have a use for it! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1