DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   What kind of screw is this? (

yummy mummy 12-27-2012 09:13 PM

What kind of screw is this?
1 Attachment(s)
This screw is holding my dishwasher and I need to unscrew it, but I don't have any screwdriver that fits this.

What kind of screwdriver do I need to get to remove this?

Thanks very much y'all.

chitownken 12-27-2012 09:41 PM

Looks like Torx. Look for drivers that are labled T10, T20 or similar. Can't tell what size it would be from picture.

kwikfishron 12-27-2012 09:42 PM

YM, it’s called a "Torx Bit" and any hardware store will have them. There are a handful of sizes though.

Windows on Wash 12-27-2012 10:49 PM


If you have a multi bit screwdriver, you can pick up the bits for cheap at any hardware store and make sure that you cover all your basis.

woodworkbykirk 12-28-2012 07:32 AM

you can get torx drivers in a one peice allen key style.. 9 sizes on one tool.. there kept in the hand tool section

yummy mummy 12-28-2012 01:11 PM

Thanks very much everyone.

I am off to HD to get my torx......

Happy New Year to all my buddies here at the forum.

I need to show up here more often......where does the time go.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1