DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

what in the hello is going on!? lol

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Nailbags 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok, this has been going on for a couple weeks, anywho, I live in a mobile home in a park, own it but pay lot rent...

This is about plumbing and pipes, just a heads up! Anyways, a couple weeks ago out of nowhere I was taking a shower, both toilets (at each end of the trailer started bubbling like gurgling making bwoop bwoop bwoop sounds) then the bath would take a couple minutes to.drain, then if u.flushed toilet it would overflow...

Ran the washer.and when the washer drained it came up in bathtubs and toilets a very dark green water. So problems with bathtubs, toilets, and washer but all sinks and fridge ice maker working fine with clear tasty water. Anyways, called my former plumber friend over and he plunged, used Drano, used a snake, and used a 50 foot hose, pipes were found clear... Everything worked ok for a couple of days, then it started again, so called my friend and he said to call my landlord cause he had a feeling it could be tree roots, called the landlord and they came out next day to take care of it, I had an emergency n had to leave but when I came back a note was on my door saying my sewer was cleaned out.

So after that I THOUGHT I was in the clear... Everything worked fine and has been for 3 weeks and now it's starting AGAIN!!!! What the heck.is going on!?

I'm a single mom of two kids and about to pop out a baby in 3 weeks and no where to pee or poop!? I can't afford a plumber and called my landlord again but they're not answering!!!! Urrrgh this is such bad timing, i have no time for this!! Someone please help me please tell me what to do!!!!

See less See more
#4 ·
What could be causing the dark green water to come up in the drain in the bathtub though, could that for sure be the sewer?? And could I sue landlord if they don't take care of it or my neighbors? I can't see why my kids and I would have to suffer over a neighbors possible problem....

#8 ·
It all depends on how your contract is set up.
If you own the home then I think it needs to be established if the problem is your house's plumbing or the parks system.
You also need to know if you have septic or city system- tank may need to be cleaned.
If it has to do with your home and not the park- your landlord won't help.
If you establish the you are not responsible(your home's plumbing system) and the responsible party takes no action you can contact your health dept. to get things moving(no pun intended)

#5 ·
When waste water can't get out it backs up. You drain the kitchen sink and the water has nowhere else to go but out into the lowest drain in your home, the bathtub. If you are in an older park that has its own septic system it may take some aggressive action to get the owner to make the needed investment to fix the problem.

#9 ·
Two questions not answered here: 1) Where are you located? Why? This would give some of us info on the type soil you may have there. 2) Are you on a septic system or trunk sewer system? This sounds familiar. My daughter had a problem much like this in a rental home and the landlord had called out the plumber and they could not find anything wrong. They "snaked" the line from the combination (clean-out plug) at the rear of the house and declared all to be cleaned and should drain. I finally went for a visit, out of town at that, and looked into this problem. I found the "grease trap" for the septic system (these are before the main tank) and dug until I could get the top off. There it was--the grease trap was absolutely full of grease which would only allow a tiny bit of water to seep under the big ole' grease wad and into the main tank. We dug out the grease, terrible smell at that, and buried in a hole near the trap. All was well after that. IF you are on a septic system this may be something to ask the landlord to look into.

#10 ·
Not sure. I Own this mobile home, live in a park so have lot rent, the pipes underneath are my responsibility but anything in the ground(sewer) is there's! I think it's there own sewer stuff too cause in my lot rent I also pay gas,water,and sewer. I never pour grease down the drain and I'm pretty sure I do not have a clean out but something called a fernco or something but it's bew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.