What Is This Called ? - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 5,278
Rewards Points: 5,038

what is this called ?

that pipe, one end is covered. it has 2 handles on it. it pounds fence posts into the ground.


Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 843
Rewards Points: 500

what is this called ?

Fence post driver!



Last edited by Hardway; 04-10-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hardway For This Useful Post:
Fix'n it (04-10-2013)
Old 04-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois, Chicago area
Posts: 314
Rewards Points: 268

what is this called ?

post driver
packer_rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Canonsburg, PA (Pittsburgh)
Posts: 451
Rewards Points: 282

what is this called ?

Post driver or more generic a sliding hammer...
RegeSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,102
Rewards Points: 5,472

what is this called ?

I built mine before handles were invented using a length of 2" sch 80 pipe, a coupling (collar in some pipe circles) and a hex plug. Now that was a long time ago. Later I discovered how intelligent that decision was.

It seems that with the hands, in leather gloves if you like, sliding on the pipe just a little preventing shock to the human joints will be appreciated now and more so in later years. The second advantage of no handles is that laying in the back of the pick-um up truck it is just a piece of pipe and no one steals it.
SeniorSitizen is online now   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is this product called? still exist? C Plig Insulation 5 09-28-2012 09:46 AM
What is this sort of roofline modification called? revlis_dyi Building & Construction 3 08-25-2012 10:37 PM
Not sure what this is called or who I should even contact for this...(pics inside) sdeng Building & Construction 11 08-09-2012 08:44 AM
What's that thing called? Igloomason Carpentry 6 06-02-2012 10:23 PM
What is this called? (Overhead Power to Detached Garage) kronic24601 Electrical 27 08-16-2010 05:18 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts