Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:25 AM   #1

Share |

waterproofing with crytal technology

i've just purchased a new home and have started to have basement issues with water. i bought the home in oct. but when i was doing the inspections there were never any signs of water even in the sump hole itself. the realtor told me all new homes these days come built with sump holes already prepared. needles to say it was bone dry until the beginning of nov when it started to fill up and we added a pump right away. anyways now there's a very small leak at the footing of the wall. i did a little research and came up with companies like Penetron,Krstol,,xypex. they use a product that can be applied on either side of the basement wall. the claim is that there's a chemical reaction and millions of crystals form sealing off cracks, seams joints etc. up to a meter in depth. the bond never stops , supposedly forming and reforming over and over creating many times over in original strength. salesman told me i'll never see a drop of water again! the investment is $175. for 200 sq. feet. i went to http://www.penetron.com/ and read the " How it works" section and was impressed, but i'd love to hear if anyone's actually used it or know of any experiences of use of these product?? i'm not happy with going towards french drains or tearing up the floor to instal floor gutters etc. i'd rather push the water back rather than let it in and channel it towards the sump. thanks for reading the long post but it'a a big investment if i do go with the crystal technology , i have about 2000 sq ft. of walls to cover not icluding sealing the floor as well. i wonder if once the walls are sealed and floor too if the sump hole becomes a gusher being the last point of entry?
finaritwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

waterproofing with crytal technology

Quote:
i'd rather push the water back rather than let it in and channel it towards the sump.
Ayuh,.... You can Try,.... But sucess is Doubtful.....

Usually, Sucess is much Greater when you divert the water Before it's entering the cellar.....
Bondo is online now   Reply With Quote