Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-06-2009, 04:39 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Question

water seepage into basement "help"

I am an landlord and in the basement unit there is water spots on the carpet near the foundation walls in one room. The house is 30 years old and never had any problems before! I have own the duplex for 5 years and never seen any water problems. It is spring time and there is a lot of water in the ground and it is raining out. There is no water on top of the grass. There is no sump in the house. What should I do ? Is there any tempulary fixes I can do until the ground thaws out.

VLT4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:22 AM   #2
Remodeling Contractor

Rewards Points: 0

water seepage into basement "help"

Pull up the carpet. Seal the concrete floor with concrete sealer. Cover with 6 mil poly, replace carpeting. Paint the walls with two coats of Dry-Loc. This is a minimum step. you best to put in a perimeter drain and be assured of no water damage in the future.

Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote