DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   Water damaged kitchen cabinet doors (

IOSilver 07-11-2011 12:55 AM

Water damaged kitchen cabinet doors

Thinking of buying an older house that apparently had a water leak below the kitchen sink at one time. Plumbing's fixed but there's water damage to the inside bottoms of the 2 wooden cabinet doors beneath the sink.
I think they're stained oak.

The doors are warped & cracked at the inside bottoms about an inch high & the wood's curled & protruding outward. I'd rather fix than replace since it's not real obvious when they're closed & I still want them to match the rest of the cabinets.

Should I sand & fill with wood putty? Sand & cover with a trim piece? Has anyone else dealth with this issue who can offer suggestions for a cheap DIY fix?

Appreciate any advice you can give.
Thanks very much..

Ron6519 07-11-2011 06:30 AM

Photos would help.
Warped doors are hard to unwarp. Are these plywood doors? Stile and rail doors?

Ron6519 11-10-2011 03:58 PM


Originally Posted by marys (Post 767810)
Hello:) I want to do a surprise to my husband and I want to buy new kitchen cabinets, but can better replace only the door of the cabinet? What do you think? I can even recommend a good company that does it. Preferably in the vicinity of Denver. Thank you and best regards:) M:thumbup:

You should start your own thread. An increase in details and a decrease in the happy faces would be appreciated.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1