Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #1

Share |

Water in Basement

I have a problem, its been a day since the rain stopped still water is pouring into

sump pump **** any help

baki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:40 AM   #2

Water in Basement

If the water is filling the sump pit and the pump is properly discharging the water, that means that your system is working correctly. If it weren't, you'd have water in your basement.

Water in the soil surrounding your home can take days to leech out, depending on the soil and subgrade conditions.

Be sure that your sump pump's discharge pipe discharges a good distance (hopefully downhill) from your house. If it discharges close, you're just pumping the same water over and over.

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote