Wasps Inside The House/ Unfound Nest - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

Wasps inside the house/ unfound nest

I am having another pest problem We are here at are vacation home somday future home (In central Mo) for another 2 days. I have killed about 15 wasps inside the house mostly in one of the back bedrooms and couple father from the room but they seem to be coming from there. I have looked and am not finding a point of entry into the building and am not noticing unusable wasp activity outside in the area of the room. We always seem to have wasps in the arounf the property but it disturbing to leave the house for a month or so with summer coming without tring to reduce to potential of a major problem INSIDE the house! They do not seem to be attracted to yellow jacket trap I set in the room and I am hesitant to leave meat in a indoor trap (flys anyone). So I am considering using a bug bomb in the room when we leave. Anyone have any other ideas??

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Well, I went and set a bug bomb off in that room of the house.:o I left the bedroom door ajar about 3". But with the computer and camera equipment I have running in other areas figured I wouldn't bug boom the whole house for a local problem. I did not want to risk ignition. and did not want to shut my sytems down for the bug bomb. I won't know for about a month or so if it helped with the wasp. No cameras in that area and we won't be back for some time.

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

I get wasps in my house too, but only occasionally. They are never aggressive but seem half dead. I also have bats and mice in the attic. I think the best thing would be to caulk all around the house down to the smallest openings. I don't see ever getting rid of the bats though because I have a slate roof and they seem to be able to squeeze in anywhere they like.

Steve
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Good day, Hello sfixx its been a while. About the Wasps that happened to me there was a wasp Nest in the Garden shed. I ended up Spraying it with Dog Flea Insecticide as it was the only thing I had. It has Pyrethrum in it it is used in a lot of Insecticides. It worked it killed most of them and the Grubs was left in the Nest so I took it out of the Shed with a Pole stuck in it and dumped it at the top of the Garden and I gave it another Squirt to kill of the Grubs that was a few years ago. I think they also lived in my attic and because some of my stuff there are old like the cabinets, drawers, old beds, bean bags etc. Even though it is only March a Wasp came into the Kitchen the other Day and I thought i had chased it out but it was still in the House after I had closed the Door so I swatted it with a Newspaper. They are coming back early in the Year in Spring.
luckytiff02 is offline   Reply With Quote