DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

washing machine switch

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  blazermaniac 
#1 ·
My Magic Chef Washer fills up with water ok but once It's done filling with water sometimes it want start was unless I wiggle the knob, pull out or push in on it a little and sometimes it will start to wash and then quit and I will have to wiggle, pull and/or push the know to get it to start. after I do get it to start sometimes it does ok and sometimes it stops again and I have to do the same thing over again. When it does wash the timer works ok. The knob will turn toward spin, wash, and rinsh and etc. What is my problem and how can I fix it? Is it possible to get another knob and replace my old with a new one?

#3 ·
Hi,

My Magic Chef Washer
Model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

fills up with water ok but once It's done filling with water sometimes it want start was unless I wiggle the knob, pull out or push in on it a little and sometimes it will start to wash and then quit and I will have to wiggle, pull and/or push the know to get it to start
Sounds like a wishy-washy timer.

Is it possible to get another knob and replace my old with a new one?
The knob itself is not likely your trouble maker, the part the knob is attached to is.

jeff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.