DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   wall screws / hangers (

falconsirrus 01-25-2013 06:36 AM

wall screws / hangers
My walls in my flat are basically plyboard and plaster, my little girl could properly punch a hole in them, however what's the best way and equipment to use for hanging large items like mirrors and cupboards, normally I would drill a hole put in a walplug then screw, but with thin walls or walls that like to break apart I need some new and better ways, thank you

kreemoweet 01-25-2013 12:35 PM

Never heard the terms "plyboard" or "wallplugs", and I don't think I'm the only one! Anyway, cupboards are usually fastened to the studding, or to cleats that are
in turn fastened to the studs. There is quite a variety of devices designed to mount medium-weight objects to hollow walls, any decent hardware store
will carry a variety of them.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.