Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,000

waiting on Hurricane Sandy..tonight

went thru one hi tide at 10AM this morning and monitoring the low tide roll out due 5PM EST she is pushing on it. she is 200 miles from NYC and in the process of making that big left turn to head west.the picture is Robert Moses State Park and Fire Island Lighthouse with the barrier beaches looking west on a nice summer day...i'm 2 miles across the bay on the right side of the pix 50' from the shoreline ...sea weed is great fertilizer with no delivery charge....

biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Bombastic Idiot

Rewards Points: 500

"sea weed is great fertilizer with no delivery" its an ill wind that blows no good. Dig thru that weed, they still haven't found all of Capt. Kids treasure.

notmrjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

There is a cold strong wind here coming in from the north west. Been raining hard off and on for days. 3 degrees C. It will be interesting to see when the two systems clash
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,340

The neighborhood, Breezy Point in the borough of Queens, had been extensively flooded by Sandy's record storm surge, and firefighters were hampered in their efforts to bring the blaze under control, a spokesman for the New York Fire Department said.

No casualties were immediately reported and the cause of the fire was under investigation.

A tweet from the FDNY's official Twitter feed said 50 or more homes were destroyed in the fire. The fire still was not under control by 5 a.m. (0900 GMT), the department said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...89T0JP20121030
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote