Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-30-2005, 11:10 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Vaulted ceiling molding

We have a problem with a crack that runs along the whole length of the house where the ceiling meets the wall. We have been told that this has to do with the scissor trusses in the vaulted ceiling. The house was built in 1996

We figured the best thing to do was the repair of the seam and then add mouldings so if there is a shifting it will not be so noticible.

I went to the contractor's website and one of them had a picture of how he dealt with vaulted mouldings. Unfortunately I could not access the picture becasue I was not a contractor. I would love to see the picture.

i wonder if anyone has creatively dealt with this type of problem and if they know where to buy mouldings for vaulted ceilings. The lumber yard said they are not able to get them anymore (I live in a rural area in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan)
Old 01-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #2

Vaulted ceiling molding

You could put what they call "Cove" or "Cornice"all lumber yards can get this as far I I know or better yet find a "Finishing store" near you.
Hope this helps
Darylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #3
johnh

Vaulted ceiling molding

i would try caulk first to avoid the cost and time invoved. it is quick and easy to apply and the flexibility should keep the crack from re-appearing.
johnwhowe is offline   Reply With Quote