Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #1

Share |

utility marking?

I want to put some bushes around a utility pole and called to have the utilitys marked.
So far telephone (which AFAIK has never run to the house), water,and sewer have come out. Sewer and telphone say there is nothing, water says they marked it. Gas, electric, and cable have yet to respond.

This is a photo of what is marked.

Is the blue showing that water goes along the street, and there is nothing in my area?

Toller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #2
Renovating My Land Yacht

utility marking?

Toller good that you called them to mark the lines but have you verified if this is a utility easement? Usually poles are in an easement and there are specific rules about what can be put in there. I would hate to see you spend money on bushes only to have them come rip them out later.

Ran into that on another house.

Robyn

forcedreno2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to forcedreno2012 For This Useful Post:
yuri (08-18-2014)
Old 08-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
Hvac Pro

utility marking?

Good Point.

We have people planting flowers in front of their houses on the boulevard in a folksy tree hugger area of Winnipeg. The city lets them do it but they are very particular that they don't grow over the sidewalk or interfere with snow clearing or a host of other possibilities you should check into. They must also look reasonably good or someone may complain and then they will probably rip them out.