DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Unique Remodeling Problem: Enclosing Space Under Decks

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tevje_KSDG 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I'm with a small design firm doing a remodel of a large house in a rural area. We want to create a gym/fitness center outside of the ground floor of the house. This area also happens to be underneath a large deck above.

The climate is very nice in the area and we want the occupants to take advantage of the good weather to work out in and enjoy the open air. However, when the weather becomes undesirable we want to be able to quickly enclose the space. We have imagined some type of roll-down/retractable canvasing (preferably with small plastic windows) that could roll down from the edges of the deck above and that we could fix to the ground and exterior walls of the house.

I have looked high and low on the internet and been unable to find anything like this. If you know of any canvas enclosure system like this or can think of another construction/home improvement solution that will solve our problem, I'd love to hear it!

I can post photos if that will help anyone envision the space that we're dealing with.

Thanks very much for your responses!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.