Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #1

Share |

Unique Remodeling Problem: Enclosing Space Under Decks

Hi there,

I'm with a small design firm doing a remodel of a large house in a rural area. We want to create a gym/fitness center outside of the ground floor of the house. This area also happens to be underneath a large deck above.

The climate is very nice in the area and we want the occupants to take advantage of the good weather to work out in and enjoy the open air. However, when the weather becomes undesirable we want to be able to quickly enclose the space. We have imagined some type of roll-down/retractable canvasing (preferably with small plastic windows) that could roll down from the edges of the deck above and that we could fix to the ground and exterior walls of the house.

I have looked high and low on the internet and been unable to find anything like this. If you know of any canvas enclosure system like this or can think of another construction/home improvement solution that will solve our problem, I'd love to hear it!

I can post photos if that will help anyone envision the space that we're dealing with.

Thanks very much for your responses!
tevje_KSDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #2

Check with these people:

http://gocityawning.com/products-and...-curtain-walls

Looks like they might have ideas for your project.

Gary
Gary Sutherland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #3

Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for the link, Gary. Now I just need to find someone on the west coast who can do this for us...
tevje_KSDG is offline   Reply With Quote