DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Toro SnowBlower 521 metallic sound

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  redline 
#1 ·
Hello

I went to the Toro site trying to access their parts booklets. However despite copying the model number and serial number from the sticker on the snowblower, I have been unable to find the model number. The model is listed as 38052 and the serial number 6906958. Does anyone know what the model number would be on their web site.

Where can I see the engine number or figure out who the manufacturer of the engine is?

I don't know why the snowblower will not work properly. I know it isn't the engine because that starts easily. But, even when the motor is not working and I tip the snowblower back to push it on the rear wheels from the shed to the garage, there is a moderately loud distinct metallic sound. It sounds like the same sound repeating itself. Like a piece of metal is hitting another piece of metal. When I tipped the snow blower over, I found that as I look at the bottom, the auger/blade on the left moves freely. The one on the right does not move at all. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.