Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-09-2010, 07:20 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Toro Mower Adjustments

I have a Toro Timecutter 16:42 z(Model # 74330) zero turn lawnmower bought it in 2004. I guess overtime the steering on the mower has losin or something. I was wondering if anybody knew how to adjust the clutches on the mower, I have looked in the manual and it doesn't say..I am fixing the throttle which has nothing to do with it, but while I was doing that project I thought I would try to adjust the steering.

mwha1389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #2
Household Handyman

Toro Mower Adjustments

You're mower does not have clutches. The drive units on this model are hydraulic motors and the two sticks to control forward/reverse and turns control the hydraulic motors--PERIOD! There are linkages from the control arms to the drive motors and there could possibly be a loose connection on one or both of these. Other than that, there are no adjustments for the drive units. Park the unit on a dry, somewhat level surface (driveway), crank the motor and run it up to about 3/4 throttle, push each control arm forward one-at-the-time and the unit should turn according to which arm you move. Pulling each arm should move it in reverse the same, of course. Push both arms forward and it should go forward smoothly, pull into reverse and it should go into reverse accordingly. IF this unit does not respond to the control levers as it should, then you need to take it in for service. The drive units are not consumer friendly serviceable, they are completely contained hydraulic drive units. There is a belt to each drive unit which is hard to see, you may have a drive unit belt problem. They are hard, difficult to say the least, to change. David

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thurman For This Useful Post:
mwha1389 (07-09-2010)