Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #1

Share |

tile backsplash

i just bought some ceramic tile for a border on the bottom and some 1x2 glass mosaics to fill the rest of the space up my problem is that they sold me adesilex to apply it but when i read the instructions it says not to apply to plywood . on one side i need to apply to painted drywall and on my other wall is plywood and one section is like a doorskin backing. also the instructions say not to apply to glass with a decorative backing . my glass has a mesh on the back and each tile has a white coating too sort of like paper and have clear plastic on the front that gets peeled off after setting. any info or tips greatly appreciated thanks
dvav340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #2

tile backsplash

Put up a proper backing. A door skin like piece of wood is not it.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adhesives, backsplash, glass, thinset, tile