Tighten Garage Door Chain - No Trolly Adjustment - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Tighten Garage Door Chain - No Trolly Adjustment

Hi All,

First time on here. I recently bought a house and it came with an older 1/3 hp Beaver garage door opener. The chain has become loose to the point it wont open. It is a tube track unit, with no chain adjustment on the trolly. Through some research it looks like the tension adjustment is on top of the drive. I found the screw adjustment, but it does do anything. I do not have a manual for this unit (nor can I find one) and I am stumped. I also have limited space between the drive and the ceiling of the garage to work.

Does anyone have any idea how to tighten this chain (short of getting a new one)?

Thanks!!

Advertisement

kurdtkobain00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,182

Tighten Garage Door Chain - No Trolly Adjustment

Welcome to the forum! Is there a clamp that needs to be loosened, so that the opener can slide futher out the tube, and then tightened? Depending on how it is suspended, perhaps the opener has shifted closer to the door? Are you sure that there is not a turnbuckle in the chain?

Advertisement

DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garage door opener