Temporary Solution for Severe Basement Mold Problem
I have a severe mold problem in the basement and the moldy smell is starting to creep up. The basement walls are covered with mold of all kinds of color, and I'm pretty sure that it's toxic. In any case, I know it's not safe to live in this house, and I should probably seek professional help, but I am really tight on budget and can't afford to rent another place and ask for professional help right now. I've been reading up online, and I am thinking of resorting to the following temporary solution of which I'd like your input on the pros and, more importantly, the cons. Within 6 month to a year, I should be able to seek professional help or get a new place, but since I'm still in school I don't really have the financial means to do so. Here's the plan I'd like your input on:
1.) Purchase Dehumidifier to Dry out the basement.
2..) Buy an airscrubber to recirculate the air in the basement with a filter.
What do you guys think? Also, I realize that there are dangers to tearing out the walls without professional help so I'll plan on leaving this for now and hope that the two actions above would keep the mold spores from going up in the living area.
Thank you so much in advance for all your help and advice.
If any ads are present below my answer or words underlined/colored, I do not condone/support/use the product or services listed/linked to, they are there without my consent.
17,000 dryer fires a year, when did you last clean the inside of the dryer near motor or the exhaust ducting?