Stove Removal Help - Plumber? - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Stove Removal Help - Plumber?

Hello,

I am a recent home buyer and just purchased a home with an old gas stove. I want to remove this from my kitchen and install an electric stove. However, when taking a closer look at the stove, I found it was connected to a vent that runs through the kitchen floor, to the basement and outside (see pictures).

My question is who do i need to hire that can come and uninstall the stove and connection in the basement? Would a plumber be appropriate for this? Thank you for your feedback.

Stove Removal Help - Plumber?-img_3294.jpg
Stove Removal Help - Plumber?-img_3295.jpg
Stove Removal Help - Plumber?-img_3296.jpg

Advertisement

mbaran79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Stove Removal Help - Plumber?

A plumber could do the job. I'd cap the gas line in the basement just under the stove's location. The vent could be removed by you if you want to save some money. The vent to the outside is too small and the wrong type "pipe", so I'd pull that out and fill the opening with another glass block or whatever that is.
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote