Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Spray on Asphalt? Anyone have any experience?

http://www.fitzpatrickconcrete.com/r...t-coating.html

Does anyone have any experience with this product or company? We saw them putting this down on a neighbors driveway and walkway in the fall. Had the guy come over and give us a price, which as opposed to removing concrete and repouring was about 1/3. We stopped over last week and looked at the neighbors driveway and walkway and it looked good. OF COURSE it has only been a couple months but it was some SNOWY COLD months! Just wondering if you have had or heard any experiences good or bad?

Thanks

Evil Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
Jack of all - master none

I cannot speak to it for driveway or residential use, but we [I work for a city] use "spray patching" all the time for road repairs when the damage is shallow. I would not recommend using it to fill a deep pothole, but for minor resurfacing, it has worked great in the 3-4 years we have implemented it. We use it mainly for the edge of pavement areas where alligator-cracking starts.

hyunelan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
Concrete & Masonry

I've worked on projects (track & field, playgrounds, etc...) where it was used before, but never one where vehicle traffic was involved and it was placed over old concrete. I'd be apprehensive w/o a good warranty.

Not sure about your market, but here $3.00 a sq. foot would get you most of the way to a tear-out & replacement of an existing concrete driveway.
jomama45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomama45 View Post
I've worked on projects (track & field, playgrounds, etc...) where it was used before, but never one where vehicle traffic was involved and it was placed over old concrete. I'd be apprehensive w/o a good warranty.

Not sure about your market, but here $3.00 a sq. foot would get you most of the way to a tear-out & replacement of an existing concrete driveway.

Thanks for the input, let me clarify a little bit. For what we were orginally going to do, (not sure of the square footage)(don't remember) but we WANTED to rip out and replace, we got 2 estimates and both were right around 10K. (Not a chance I can afford that) So for essentailly the same sq foot we were looking into this product. ($1900 for the same sq ft) The guy told me he could put it on thicker where needed to make the whole thing level. BUT going back and seeing the warranty issue NOT interested! I can't spend money and not get a warranty. If I am getting no warranty I might as well do it myself or get the guys hanging out at HD. Save a lot of money?! Thank You again!
Evil Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote