Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #1

Share |

Spackle bubbling

I am doing ceiling repair in my bathroom and I was scraping old spots that were peeling and the spots became larger. When the paint was coming off it seem to take it down all the way to I think old enamel paint. I think when originally painted, the service was not prepared correctly. I wanted to seal the exposed paint so I used latex Kilz2 to seal. I then put on some lightweight spackle and sanded and resealed with primer. I noticed area was not finished to my liking so I recoated with spackle sanded and primed again. In one area bubbling started to occur. I rescraped the area and hit it with spackle again and bubbling is happening again (have not primed). It is happening only in one spot.

DANNO63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #2

Spackle bubbling

Try sanding the surface to give it some."tooth"
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #3

Spackle bubbling

are you sure there is no dampness in that spot?? Tooth may help, but I never needed any tooth for good spackle jobs. Only depended on clean/dust free DRY base.....I used to restore victorian homes in CT years ago)........
noquacks is offline   Reply With Quote