Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-09-2006, 05:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Small engine problem

I'm trying to replace the engine on my log splitter. The original engine was an 8HP Tecumseh snowblower engine that has seen better days. I found a replacement today: 8HP Tecumseh snowblower engine, same mounting, same shaft location, same RPM. Only problem is the old one had a 1 inch dia shaft and the new has a 3/4 inch diameter shaft. Any ideas on how best to match up the new engine to the existing coupling?
I understand that they make keyed bushings that increase the diameter, but I haven't been able to locate any such thing. Thanks for your help.

rkhpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
SnoBird

Rewards Points: 10

Small engine problem

Some brands of couplings are available with different size bore on either (each) end. Maybe you could be lucky and find the one you need. Would beat a bushing!
SnoBird

SnoBird is offline   Reply With Quote