Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-12-2008, 12:17 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

small engine help

Hi ,,I have two 30cc Ryobi string trimmers that i purchased this past year(2007),, and I amexperiencing the same pronlem from both ...
it seems as I press the small primer ball a few times that it gets full and is not putting any of the gas into the carb for starting..prime a few times ,, no start ,,,, hit carb with a shot of starting fluid , and it starts right away..
I always use clean gas ,, and a good oil mixture , but it seems to be a clog somewhere?
also I think that the factory adjusted carbs are slightly out of adjustment ,, at full throttle squeeze the trimmers bog down,, but if i only squeeze about 3/4 trigger , they speed back up?
why do they cover the adjustment screws so they cant be adjusted?
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

bigk3cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:52 AM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,088

small engine help

Ayuh,........

It sounds like your Gas hasn't been as Clean as you Think it has been.......

You probably need a Carb Kit for each 1, so you can Rebuild the Fuel Delivery System.......

It's Plugged......

Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

small engine help

word of caution,,,starting fluid is HARD on these little guys,,,use WD-40,its better FOR it and you. NO ether. IF it runs on WD-40 and not on your gas then gunked up gas is a factr.

One other thing,,,does it have a rubber hose from tank to carb?? And that primer does IT use a rubber hose?? Ethanol is in ALL fuels these days and NOT compatable with some rubber. check to see your getting GOOD flow at the carb. The rubber can and does rot from inside out so maybe inside is closed off and not getting proper amount of fuel. Saw a snow blower where the hose rotted right off and it wasnt OLD either!!

After that drain ALL gas and only use gas less than two weeks or less old,,,modern gas doesnt keep,,,AND use Stabil in it to boot!! can try using seafoam in it to clean out the gunk,cant hurt!!
justdon is offline   Reply With Quote