Sliding Glass Doors - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Sliding Glass Doors

I need to temporarily remove my sliding glass door to move furniture. The screen lifts up and pops right out. But it only has one actual door, the other side doesn't open or close. I need both panes of glass removed.

There is a "column" piece in the middle, which connects to the immovable side. There were two screws in the column, one at the top and one at the bottom. I removed the screws and I still can't get the column to move at all. Also, I can't pop the sliding door out without removing the immovable pane first.

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement

Drewimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #2

Sliding Glass Doors

I Have Taken Out Many Padio Doors To Replace Broken Glass.it Shouldnt Matter If Its Aluminum Or Vinyl But What Happens Over Time Is That Padio Doors Seem To Sag In The Middle Which Makes It Hard To Lift Out The Slider.what I Do Is Stick A Flat 6 Inch Puddy Knife Under The First Wheel Closest To The Latch Side.this Gives You Something To Slide The Padio Wheel Over The Track.you Might Have To Pry Up With Small Pry Bar To Get Clearance Over The Track.once You Get First Wheel Move To The Second Wheel.be Careful Not To Tweek Slider Door To Much For If You Put To Much Stress It Will Shatter But Tempered Glass Is Pretty Strong.once You Get The Door Out Take Screws Out Of Divider Bar.you'll Probably Have To Take Your Pry Bar And A Hammer And Tap It From The Top And Work Your Way Down .these Thing Wont Just Pop Out.once You Get The Divider Bar Out You'll Have To Work The Stationary Unit Out Away From The End Of Padio Frame.then You Should Be Able To Lift It Up And Pull The Bottom Out Be Careful Not To Pry On This Cause Now All We Have Is A Glass Unit With No Frame Around.if You Have Any Questions Just Ask.

Advertisement

glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #3

Sliding Glass Doors

Drewimus,i Was A Glazier/autoglass Instaler For 3 Years But For Last 8 Years I Have Done Nothing But Autoglass So Its Been Awhile Since Ive Done That.it Sounds Like Your Talking About A Older Padio Door And If Its Aluminum It Might Have A Frame Around The Stationary Unit In That Case It Will All Come Out In One Piece.just Trying To Be Helpful Dont Want To Give Wrong Info.good Luck
glassman is offline   Reply With Quote