Sink And Faucet - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

sink and faucet

need advice,,I`m moving into this house with white ceramic tile counter in the kitchen,I want to change the sink and the faucet to something different than plain white porcelain. Can you guys recomend something that would look cool? thanx

Advertisement

neo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

sink and faucet

A little more info would be helpfull I am putting in a complet new kitchen and putting in a double black granite undermount sink with a reddish granite counter tops with copper flake

Advertisement

clasact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:26 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

sink and faucet

Neo777, You could go with Black Porcelin or a stainless steel sink. If you go stainless, get the heavier gauge sink. It is more dent resistant and many have a coating to lessen sound.
Clasact, I love the Granite look. Make sure any mounting holes needed are done by the company selling you the tops. This includes the holes needed for a dishwasher, if you are planning on installing one. Drilling Granite can be difficult and also be a disaster if you crack it.

Last edited by majakdragon; 11-05-2006 at 09:00 AM.
majakdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to iGotNoTime

sink and faucet

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasact View Post
A little more info would be helpfull I am putting in a complet new kitchen and putting in a double black granite undermount sink with a reddish granite counter tops with copper flake
Sounds very nice! Think when it's done you could show me a picture? We are undecided on our kitchen yet but are eager to dump alot of money into it.

As far as the original post I think a black sink would look awesome on the white tile! So contrasting and would really draw the eye to the focus of the sink. Further if you go with something that would stand out so much I would use the best of the best materials since that is where the eyes are going. Perhaps a black granite the black cast iron sink mentioned above. Also a black sink would make your water faucet stand out even further, so if you get a really fancy faucet you could be assured it would certainly be noticed!
iGotNoTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:05 AM   #5

sink and faucet

I would be more then happy to show a photo when I am done but that may take awhile I'm only home one or two days a week to work on it and the rest of the house so the work is going slow much to my wifes displeasure
I think planning of any room more so the kitchen should take a bit of thought .You have to take in to consideration just what kind of use it will get,what your budget is ,how much room do you have to work with ,what kind of load your electrical and plumbing systems can handle ,and mostly what your personal preferences are as far as color and materials.We don't have many constrains when it came to planning and my wife likes to bake ,I used to be a chef so we (should say I ) am combining both.I am making a baking center on one side and cooking on the other plus it will be more on the line of a commercial type kitchen in our home.Thats just how we wanted it and our taste so like I said alot depends on personal preference,design and color .Neo 777 could go with just about any thing since they already have the white but without knowing more about what he is wanting its hard to suggest things
Old 11-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #6

sink and faucet

Quote:
Originally Posted by majakdragon View Post
Neo777, You could go with Black Porcelin or a stainless steel sink. If you go stainless, get the heavier gauge sink. It is more dent resistant and many have a coating to lessen sound.
Clasact, I love the Granite look. Make sure any mounting holes needed are done by the company selling you the tops. This includes the holes needed for a dishwasher, if you are planning on installing one. Drilling Granite can be difficult and also be a disaster if you crack it.

does the black porcelin scratch easy? thanx for your advice this really made my decision easier.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #7

sink and faucet

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasact View Post
well all i know is the counter has white porcelin tiles wish i can take pictures ,maybe I will on tuesday since we`re doing the walkthrough and inpections. ,but you guys really helped me a lot thanx a lot guys.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 1,000

sink and faucet

Any product you get needs to be taken care of in a "reasonable" manner. Most Porcelin is quite strong as long as you do not bang pots and pans around in them. Only coating product I have heard trouble with is Americast finishes. (mostly tubs)
Old 11-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #9

sink and faucet

here is a suggestion ...pick out a contrasting color sink then maybe remove take out every third or forth tile and replace it with a tile the will compliment your sink top it all off with one of those new fancy faucets and you have a whole new look for not a whole lot of money and not to much effort ( I have found that cutting around the tile with a roto zip tool makes removing the tile easy and a nice clean cut area )

Advertisement