Siding Estimates In My Area Of RI? - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

siding estimates in my area of RI?

Hi!

I am moving to side my contemporary home in RI with a vinyl vertical siding! (I know, not in New England). Mastic puts out a soffit material which I have seen used on a home. I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows typical estimates for material and labor broken down into typical materials expenses per square foot (including siding and trim) and then labor costs?
I have about 5000 square feet!

Thanks,

Marg

Advertisement

Last edited by Marg; 05-28-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: added info
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

If you're getting estimates, you really need to call contractors in to see the actual job.
Your labor/material question is not clear. Contractors do not use a simplistic, inaccurate formula like this.
Components of an estimate are labor, materials, overhead and profit.
Does vertical siding actually shed water? Is there specific siding used for vertical applications to deal with water issues.
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Thanks Ron! I've had them all come to the house! That's what brought me here! I've had estimates with a $20,000 range! I know it depends on the materials used. I've called Mastic and know what I want. I'm a little gun shy right now having gone through a fiasco with "Permanent spray on Siding".
I've priced out the materials to be around $10,000 (siding and trim), can labor, overhead, etc be $20,000 to $30,000 above materials cost?
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:45 AM   #4

This site is geared toward DIY work. Therefore, requests for price estimates/guesstimates for contractors' prices are discouraged. Nobody here can provide the level of accuracy you need to make a correct informed decision.

The only way to know for sure is to get the contractors out to your house to get a few estimates.
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg View Post
Thanks Ron! I've had them all come to the house! That's what brought me here! I've had estimates with a $20,000 range! I know it depends on the materials used. I've called Mastic and know what I want. I'm a little gun shy right now having gone through a fiasco with "Permanent spray on Siding".
I've priced out the materials to be around $10,000 (siding and trim), can labor, overhead, etc be $20,000 to $30,000 above materials cost?
I haven't seen the job, nobody here has seen the job. So asking price points, as has already been pointed out, twice, is useless.
"Permanent spray on Siding" ? This in something perpetrated on naive people. You might want to bring in family members/friends to advise you on any further big home improvement jobs.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote