Sidewalk Stain Help - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Sidewalk stain help

I now have a large stain on my sidewalk. While cleaning my golf cart, I had put baking soda on the battery terminals to clean them, but when I rinsed it off, it left a big rusty looking stain.

Is there anything that I can use to clean this up with? I would appreciate any help because it looks bad.

thanks,

Mike

Advertisement

mlh7933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

Sidewalk stain help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh7933 View Post
I now have a large stain on my sidewalk. While cleaning my golf cart, I had put baking soda on the battery terminals to clean them, but when I rinsed it off, it left a big rusty looking stain.

Is there anything that I can use to clean this up with? I would appreciate any help because it looks bad.

thanks,

Mike
Perhaps OXALIC ACID would work for you! http://www.alsnetbiz.com/homeimprove...alic_acid.html

Its extremely poisonous and in my area, we must sign for it at a pharmacy. So, if you try it, be very careful with it.
For sure don't leave where kids or pets could get into it!

Advertisement

Wildie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Sidewalk stain help

Wildie, thanks for the info. I have read about this stuff on this site and will have to try to find some and use it. I tried TSP the other day and nothing happened in using that..

Mike
mlh7933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,000

Sidewalk stain help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh7933 View Post
Wildie, thanks for the info. I have read about this stuff on this site and will have to try to find some and use it. I tried TSP the other day and nothing happened in using that..

Mike
Hope that it works for you! I have used it to remove stains in wood, before refinishing!
Wildie is offline   Reply With Quote