Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Smile

Shenandoah Cabinetry

I am thinking of purchasing Winchester Cherry Square Spice Shenandoah Cabinets from Lowes but I can't find in any of the books what the backs of the cabinets are made of ??? Does anyone have any ideas and what is your opinion of these cabinets. Thanks in advance.

craub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #2

Thumbs up

Shenandoah Cabinetry

The standard construction for all Shenandoah cabinets is captured backs made from a 1/8 thick hardboard substrate. The inside of the cabinet is finished with our TuffTech finishing system. This is a multi-step finishing system that begins with 3 sanding operations followed by a top and bottom brush cleaning to produce a smooth surface for material adhesion. Then, an ultraviolet (UV) filler is cured using light ovens to seal the board completely. The board is sanded again and a waterborne adhesion material is applied and dried to provide an interlocking bond with the water-based paint. Depending on the product, 3-2 coats of paint are applied, dried and then covered with a UV topcoat. This topcoat it made of acrylics and urethane. It acts as a sealant to protect the paint.

You can also upgrade your cabinets, for a 20% upcharge, to All Plywood Construction (APC). The captured backs of these cabinets are made from 1/8 thick plywood and are still finished with our TuffTech system.

khabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #3

Thumbs down

Shenandoah Cabinetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by craub View Post
I am thinking of purchasing Winchester Cherry Square Spice Shenandoah Cabinets from Lowes but I can't find in any of the books what the backs of the cabinets are made of ??? Does anyone have any ideas and what is your opinion of these cabinets. Thanks in advance.
let me tell you about my sister, she purchased Shenandoah Cabinets and completly redid her kitchen. She bought them in December of 2008 and they came in few weeks later. She had bought them a few months before she was ready for them because they were running a sale. when she opened the boxes she noticed that the joints were off and brought them to me to see. Some cabinets were cracked and ruff texture that you could not wipe down. also a splinter on one drawer. totally unexceptable i couldn,t believe they sent them that way. she took them (doors) into lowes and a rep came in and refused to make it good when she went in to pick up the doors she was told by a employee that the rep was hand sanding them in the back room ,you should see them now she was also told noone should speak to her because she is getting a lawyer. Go ahead take your chances
donna from pa is offline   Reply With Quote