Shelf Clips? Can't Find Anywhere! - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 10

Shelf clips? Can't find anywhere!

I have a built-in bookcase in my house and am looking for clips that are the same, or similar, to these:

I've been to a number of hardware stores, Home Depot, etc., and they usually take one look and laugh at me. Has anyone seen these or know where I might get more clips? Am I better off replacing the whole system with something more modern?

Any help is much, much appreciated! Thank you.


siliconwafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hartfield VA
Posts: 34,419
Rewards Points: 13,968

The ones I've seen only have one tab top and bottom not two.
Where did you look in HD? They have the clips back in the storage are, like where the wire shelving is.
May just have to change out the tracks. White tracks and clips would look better anyway.


joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
Nest Home Improvement
NestHI's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 56
Rewards Points: 75

Can you find a name or any markings on the tracks. If you have a name or number you can search on Google and can probably find a vendor carries them.
Home improvement simplified! Serving the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill). Please visit us at
NestHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Winston-Salem NC
Posts: 3,895
Rewards Points: 2,464

Check with a commercial refrigeration contractor (or supplier).
TarheelTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 43
Rewards Points: 25

Are these called clamps? You will find them in hardware stores. Show them one sample.
leenamark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 17,158
Rewards Points: 6,652

Originally Posted by leenamark1 View Post
Are these called clamps? You will find them in hardware stores. Show them one sample.
Nope, they are called a "Shelf support". A hardware store employee is just going to look at you as if you grew a third eye, while standing in front of them. The ones that the hardware stores would have, would be for the shelf brackets that they stock.

As for the OP, that is a hard style to find, so you may end up having to replace the bracket with one that allows you to use a different style of shelf support. You could ask also over in since most of those guys/gals do cabinet building, and other types of fine wood work, and may have a site that they know of, vs. trying to search through amazon or ebay for those supports.


Last edited by gregzoll; 02-18-2013 at 12:26 AM.
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Retrofit ceramic tile corner shelf in shower jgibbs Tiling, ceramics, marble 4 06-07-2012 11:29 AM
Niche, Glass shelf to back wall? wraiththe Tiling, ceramics, marble 0 12-15-2011 02:46 AM
Find the Right Contractor for Two Home Improvement Projects mdawson3k General DIY Discussions 10 05-16-2011 02:34 PM
Where to get fabric/tarp clips like these? Mod Dig Building & Construction 4 09-23-2010 10:27 AM
Hurricane clips... is this ok? TravisT Building & Construction 5 12-24-2007 04:41 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1