DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   Sheet rock repair/Lower Bay Window area (

VEEDUB 09-28-2009 10:07 AM

Sheet rock repair/Lower Bay Window area
Hi- I have have a kitchen/breakfast area baywindow that has suffered some water damage. The sheetrock, and moulding have been removed from the area 2" below all three windows. I now have to replace the sheetrock which I know I can do. What has me stumped is the inner radius where the sheetrock corners meet. Is there a form for this or is this a "trick" of the trade? Should I just hire someone to do this?


Ron6519 09-28-2009 04:18 PM

If this is either a 30 or 45 degree bay, you just cut flat panels so the pieces touch one another. Then you tape and compound the seams.
What radius are you speaking about?

bjbatlanta 10-03-2009 08:44 AM

Using the metal reinforced paper "corner bead" as opposed to regular tape will help keep your seams straight. The angle is likely 22.5*, but as Ron said, you just cut the drywall edge square and butt to the other piece. If there IS actually a radius, it's because the finisher couldn't finish the angle properly and chose to "round" it out. A flexible rubber knife is often used for this.....

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1