Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2004, 01:42 PM   #1
Posts: n/a

Sewage pump problem

We have city sewer, but our house is lower than the street, so we have a pump that gets it to the street. Well, about 2 weeks ago we noticed water coming out of the overflow pipe. It has since gotten worse to where water comes out with every load of laundry, dish washer load, and yes toilet flushing. We called the city out, they hoped it was just a flipped fuse, but it wasn't. They suggested we call an electrician out to look at it. Is that who we really call? or do we call out a plumber, or a septic tank person?
Thanks for any advice

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:52 PM   #2
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jensen Beach, FL
Posts: 835
Rewards Points: 500

Sewage pump problem

Here they are called grinder or macerator pumps and they belong to the municipality, try them first. Above ground sewage is definitly within their jurisdiction as well.

Teetorbilt is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with line voltage mehranalmasi Electrical 21 07-04-2007 07:12 AM
Well pump issue-should I be concerned? Mikedks Plumbing 8 10-08-2006 11:42 PM
Heat pump problem trprider HVAC 1 07-22-2005 12:15 AM
Sewage pump for home Unregistered Plumbing 2 02-28-2005 09:54 AM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.