DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   Sewage pump problem (

Unregistered 09-28-2004 12:42 PM

Sewage pump problem
We have city sewer, but our house is lower than the street, so we have a pump that gets it to the street. Well, about 2 weeks ago we noticed water coming out of the overflow pipe. It has since gotten worse to where water comes out with every load of laundry, dish washer load, and yes toilet flushing. We called the city out, they hoped it was just a flipped fuse, but it wasn't. They suggested we call an electrician out to look at it. Is that who we really call? or do we call out a plumber, or a septic tank person?
Thanks for any advice

Teetorbilt 10-03-2004 09:52 PM

Here they are called grinder or macerator pumps and they belong to the municipality, try them first. Above ground sewage is definitly within their jurisdiction as well.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1