Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Seeking inexpensive source for sheets

I know this is a bit off topic possibly ...but I am doing a DIY household move...and I need to store some furniture in a storage facility for a few years. My understanding is the best method is to cover it with sheeting (plastic will only invite mold and mildew). I have a number of pieces to store and am wondering if anyone knows a good source of (possibly bulk) sheeting??

Thanks,

piste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Big Lots used to sell thin canvas tarps back by the paint. They were too thin to work like real paint tarps so you had to double them up. They should work for your purposes though, would keep dust off and breathe. Someplace like Big Lots might have regular close out bedding sheets for cheap too. I assume you don't care about patterns and so forth. Military surplus stores used to have things like parachute cloth dirt cheap but it has become popular so is kind of pricey now.

I am not sure plastic tarps would be the end of the world for your purposes. Just don't seal furniture into "packets" that cannot breath. Cover for dust protection only? You can get plastic tarps in different weights. The really thin ones break and tear easily so skip them.

Thrift and second hand stores might have blankets. I doubt they take sheets any more.

Last edited by user1007; 06-08-2012 at 01:17 PM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
In a little over my head

Rewards Points: 506

How about a fabric store? Buy a few yards of whatever is on clearance.
ratherbefishing is offline   Reply With Quote